What is the ECnose IAQ Gas Sensing Device?
Turn the invisible to visible – ECnose Indoor Air Quality Monitor gives an insight of your indoor air quality anytime, anywhere. ECnose is a state-of-the-art Gas Sensing Device based on the solid polymer technology which replaces the human nose to accurately sniff out harmful gases and unclean air. The human nose easily adapts to smells. Thus, after a while, you might not be able to smell the gas, even if it is still present. However, the ECnose will continue to detect the gas, even when our noses fail. Therefore, the single gas Sensing Device offers a simple and easy-to-use solution for everyday life. As a matter of fact, you can simply press one button and the ECnose Monitor will start the detection immediately and without prior calibration.
Why would I use the ECnose Gas Sensing Device?
The ECnose Sensing Device is a ready-to-use Indoor Air Quality Sensing Device for everyday life. With the 7 LEDs in the colour of traffic lights the indoor pollution levels are easy to see and understand. The yellow and red LEDs signal the right time to start a ventilation or cleaning process of the room. Through its small size and portable design, ECnose easily fits any space for multi-room measurements. It comes with a charging station and a powerful rechargeable polymer lithium battery for a continuous running time over a long period of time. Furthermore, the Sensing Device does not consume any power while in standby mode. Therefore, the ECnose Monitor is perfect for any low battery applications which are often used in applications like the Internet of Things or Smart Homes. In addition, it has a strong anti-interference ability as well as a small footprint.
What Sensor Technology is used?
At the heart of this ECnose Sensing Device is a solid polymer electrochemical sensor. This technology is a revolutionary innovation in the field of electrochemical detection. In essence this technology is based on the principle of electrochemical catalytic reaction. As a general rule the target gas generates a sensor signal which is direct proportional to the gas concentration. This is a basic electrochemical reaction. In addition to that the EC Sense solid polymer sensors are small, robust, reliable, does not consume any power and above all has a long lifetime.
Where do the pollution sources of the Indoor Air Quality come from?
Indoor air predominantly consists of nitrogen and oxygen, but chemical pollutants are added by the following three main sources of pollution:
- Contamination by harmful chemical substances contained in construction and decorative materials
- Air pollution from the kitchen
- Entry of polluted outdoor air
- Harmful gases generated by indoor activities (e.g. toilets, garbage, exhaled gas, etc.)
ECnose fulfills a variety of applications
From Indoor Air Quality monitoring in schools, kindergartens, offices or simply your own home to Indoor Air Quality monitoring in nursing or special care homes. The ECnose Sensing Device is adaptable to your everyday life or work situation.
- Small size, easy to fit any space
- Portable design for multi-room measurement
- 7 traffic LEDs for indication of indoor air quality pollution levels
- Yellow and red LED alerts will signal when it is time to refresh the surrounding air
- Powerful rechargeable polymer lithium battery for up to 75 hours of continuous running time
- Strong anti-interference ability
- Simple to operate, just press the start button
- No warm-up needed
- No power consumption in standby: Suitable for low power consumption applications (IoT, Smart Home, etc.)
- Detection Range: 0 – 200ppm
- Resolution: 0.001ppm
- Response Time: < 3 sec. (T90 < 80 sec.)
- Standby-Time > 72 hours
- Working Pressure Atm ± 10% keeps stable pressure
- Lifetime: > 5 years
- Temperature Range: -20°C ~ +50°C
- Weight: 145g
- Dimensions (with sensor): 50mm x 50mm x 20mm
- Accessories: 1 USB cable, 1 USB power charging station, 1 Lanyard
- 1 year. See Terms and Conditions.