What is the ECtox Gas Sensing Device?
The ECtox Ammonia Sensing Device contains an EC Sense solid electrolyte NH3 gas sensor, featuring long lifetime, robustness and selectivity. Moreover, the ECtox Sensing Device delivers a high-precision gas detection technology. ECtox was especially developed to withstand an environment with continuously high amounts of gas, without losing its long lifetime or robustness.
Why would I use the ECtox Gas Sensing Device?
The higher the ammonia concentration surrounding normal sensors, the faster the sensor will be drained. Therefore, the sensor lifetime will deteriorate rapidly and more maintenance will be needed. In addition, ECtox’s big advantage, while continuously working with a high ammonia concentration, is its long lifetime. Based on a specific electrochemical reaction and in combination with a sample pump the device measures ammonia concentrations in a wide range. Furthermore, a pump effortlessly transports the gas to the sensor without the need to calibrate. It creates a signal peak, which is proportional to the Ammonia concentration in the measuring gas. The speed of diffusion and convection is usually slow or depends on the environment, temperature and different concentrations, which influence the speed of molecular motion. The ECtox sampling system however is perfect for different densities.
The output signal, RS485 (Modbus), will easily connect with a gas detector, DCS, PLC or wireless systems.
ECtox fulfills a variety of applications:
The Sensor Device can be used for the following three main applications:
- Livestock Farms:
The ammonia concentration in the livestock industry has various negative effects on the animals and our environment. In a high ammonia concentrated environment, the livestock has a higher risk of contracting a disease. The air surrounding the farm, both inside and outside, is polluted and has a pungent smell.
- Ammonia Leakage Detection
- Cooling Storages
What Sensor Technology is used?
At the heart of this ECtox Sensing Device is a solid polymer electrochemical sensor. This technology is a revolutionary innovation in the field of electrochemical detection. In essence this technology is based on the principle of electrochemical catalytic reaction. As a general rule the target gas generates a sensor signal which is direct proportional to the gas concentration. This is a basic electrochemical reaction. In addition to that the EC Sense solid polymer sensors are small, robust, reliable, does not consume any power and above all has a long lifetime.
- Smart measuring system
- Works continuously in the background at high ammonia concentrations
- Combined with intelligent algorithms it has better adaptability to the environment
- Higher accuracy in detection and stable zero point
- With pump, no calibration with NH3 gas needed
- New microcircuit design, strong anti-electromagnetic interference ability
- No temperature and humidity influence
- RS485 output, 5-12V DC power
- Stainless steel housing, water and dust proof, anti-corrosion
- The detection range of the measured gas, from ppb to a higher ppm level
- Continuously monitors its own fault conditions: sensor, pump, power, etc.
- RoHS eco-friendly design
- Self-monitoring of the sensor function
- Detection Range: 0 – 500ppm
- Resolution: 0.1ppm
- Response Time: Between 1 to 10 min (Dependent on the selected measuring period)
- Output: RS485 (Modbus protocol), Baud rate: 9600, 4Pin Leomo Cable with 10m (Other length by request)
- Working Pressure Atm ± 10% keeps stable pressure
- Working Voltage: 5 – 12V DC
- Temperature Range: -40°C ~ +85°C (HT is -40° ~ +200°C)
- Humidity Range: 10 – 95%
- Weight: 450g (Lemo with 10m cable: 400g)
- Dimensions (with sensor): 159mm x 43mm
- 1 year. See Terms and Conditions.
There’s no information about Software yet