What is the TB420 Smart Sensor Module?
The TB420 Ozone Gas Sensor Module is an intelligent two wire 4-20mA digital gas sensor module, which utilizes a smart microprocess with a high-reliability solid polymer electrochemical gas sensing technology and intelligent algorithm calculation. The TB420 Sensor Module is designed to comply with the relevant standards for gas safety monitoring in the industrial application.
Why would I use the EC Sense Gas Sensor Module TB420?
The TB420 Smart Sensor Module detects gas, temperature and humidity and easily receives all the data simultaneously. Therefore, it is the perfect solution for industrial safety applications. TB420 is suitable for indoor and outdoor environments. It provides a self-test which evaluates the sensor performance without any gas measurement. It is therefore an excellent solution for smart home and IoT applications. The data put out through the output signal, makes it easy and convenient to identify the right time to perform maintenance and replacement. Each TB420 Sensor Module has been professionally calibrated with the gas. It can be instantly used without prior warm-up. There is a calibration software from EC Sense in case a recalibration should be performed or the 4-20mA output signal is to be corrected. The TB420 Gas Sensor Module effectively shortens gas instrument development and production time, reduces cost and risk in new product development, avoids complex gas calibration steps and ensures high reliability and accuracy. The standard 4-20mA two-wire module facilitates quick instrument and system setup or connection to display, DCS, PLC and other systems.
What Sensor Technology is used?
The heart of each Sensor Module is a solid polymer electrochemical sensor. This technology is a revolutionary innovation in the field of electrochemical detection. In essence this technology is based on the principle of electrochemical catalytic reaction. As a general rule, the target gas generates a sensor signal which is direct proportional to the gas concentration. This is a basic electrochemical reaction. In addition to that the EC Sense solid polymer sensors are small, robust, reliable and above all do not consume any power.
Check out our Evaluation Kit!
EC Sense offers an Evaluation Kit with an USB to TTL adapter. In addition the EC Sense kit contains an easy-to-use testing software. This testing software can be effortlessly installed on any standard PC, allowing to test and equally get familiar with the product. Check out our accessories or click here!
- Detects single gas + temperature + humidity
- 4-20mA standard two-wire output
- Long lifetime > 3 years
- Fast response time and stable zero return time
- Pre-calibration with sensor performance and life-testing output
- Smart Sensor for self-maintenance
- Integrated safety protection for use in potentially explosive environments
- Low power consumption and sleeping mode (suitable for battery and IoT applications)
- Fast signal stability time at power-on
- Suitable for indoor and outdoor environments (sensor can work in -40 to +55°C)
- Anti-electromagnetic interference ability
- RoHS approved environmental design
- Accuracy: ± 5% Full scale
- Power Consumption: < 0.6W
- Output: 4-20mA two-wire
- Working Voltage: 9 – 24V DC (24V DC recommended)
- Weight: < 11.8 g
- Dimensions (with sensor): 45 x 35 x 21.7 mm
- 1 year. See Terms and Conditions.
There’s no information about Software yet